RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF Beechcraft Bonanza F33A Build
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 02:04 AM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by V35BFLYER
I've got no axe to grind here nor am I "jumping" down any preceding poster's throats except for, in my opinion,
a most ignorant comment from Mike in OKC. Are ANY of you aware of the fact that Al Young has undergone
back surgery? And that Jtec Radiowave has had the following, front and center, on their website for several
months? See below.

Even with Al's down time, his son took two orders from me in March for custom made mufflers, drew up detailed
drawings, emailed them to me for revisions, then over the course of about three weeks they were made to my
exact specs, I presume by Al Young himself, and mailed out on time and as promised. One of the two mufflers
had to be sent back for a minor correction and Al emailed me to say that it would be "turned around the same
day I receive it." And it was. That to me is excellent service from a small business owner.

All of the above to say......in this case, let's give this man a break. I believe he most likely runs a small business and
with his medical issue(s), let's all try to be a little more understanding, especially with those who cater to our hobby.
And those of you who've never owned your own business, or know ALL the facts, kindly refrain from your disparaging
opinions.

"The JTEC Radiowave front office will be operating remotely over the next several weeks due to Al having
back surgery. We ask all contact be made via email at [email protected] so we can respond to your orders
or questions in a timely manner. During this time we will our best to continue production & shipping as
usual. For all airplane orders please contact us before placing your order."
Yes. I was aware of Al's back surgery. The first attempt at fabricating my muffler was before his surgery. The second attempt was after his surgery. Bottom line here, I didn't like how I was treated as a (repeat) customer. I was patient, never rushing them or giving them a deadline. Every attempt to communicate left me bewildered and frustrated. I have used them to make several "stock" mufflers in the past and have been very happy with the product that they made, which is why I went to them in the first place. I am not trying to bash them in any way, but what I have described here is factual and truthful. Not every customer in business' are treated the same, we all know of instances where one customer was treated well, happy with the service provided while another had a totally different experience. My partner knows of the ongoing ordeal that I went through as I shared all of the written and oral communications with him. My wish for Al is a full and speedy recovery and that his business prosper in the future...but he has lost me and my future business.

Last edited by VincentJ; 05-15-2020 at 11:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rowdog_14 (05-20-2020)