RCU Forums - View Single Post - DoJ Issues Guidance for Counter Drone in US
Old 05-18-2020, 08:41 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Strowe
First off, it does matter. Points of view change over time. Points of view may change but the facts don't.

Second, after reading here on RCU the history of said lawsuit (from Mr. Red Shoenfield), it looks like SFA sued AMA first, and lost (thrown out of court), and AMA counter-sued and won ( for defamation of character). I would guess that if SFA hadn’t both sued and made false statements about the AMA they might still be in existence. But what was the basis of the SFA's case? The SFA wouldn't sue for no reason, there had to be something that made them go to litigation AND THAT'S WHAT MATTERS, not how it ended

Third, with the direction the FAA is taking (and I believe that AMA’s problem fighting this is their lack of size and influence), the more structurally organized players fighting this the better. Just as not every airline pilot is a member of ALPA (SWAPA, APA, Teamsters), there are times where they pull together to fight a common issue. And are often successful. I don't thing the size of the AMA has anything to do with it. The AMA claimed to have over 100,000 members not too long ago. That isn't just chicken feed for a politician. WE, as modelers, never actually hear the truth from the AMA about anything involving the FAA that doesn't go the AMA's way, this has been proven repeatedly over the past few years. That has had to been noticed by the FAA and, if the AMA isn't telling modelers the truth, how can the FAA believe anything coming from the AMA's legal team?

R_Strowe
Okay, I responded above