RCU Forums - View Single Post - Foamie jet for X45/K45 ?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 03:57 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Yes, I have installed JP brakes on all 3 of my foamy jets now. I'm running them on the FW F-22, F-4, and Mig-21, all using the K-45G3. The brakes work well but the controller is poor. Its basically an on off switch that I can not program to have soft or anti skid braking despite trying several times and different ways. I have only flown the foamies on grass so it has not been a big problem so far. On pavement the controller would not work very well. I have seen videos that say the Xicoy brake controller is much better but I have not tried it. Since I have only flown the foamies on grass, the brakes are not really needed, except to comply with AMA rules, but if on pavement it would be a necessity for sure because idle thrust will start it rolling pretty fast.

If anybody has had luck getting the JP brake controller to give soft or anti skid braking please let me know how you did it.

Thanks,
Gary

I just finished a 78" WS. MB339 which has JP breaks. You are right, it was a hassle to set up. Mine has two adjustment. so, first i did the break adjustments one at a time to where they were okay and locked almost at the same time both (which was hard to get to this point). then, i started reducing the throw on the transmitter and at abut 40%, i can get them to grab a little less when break slider is on the middle. I hope this helps. In regards to foamies, i converted an Stiger 90 a few years ago and made a break for nose wheel only. that would make it comply with AMA rules and also since it is light, it works fine on asphalt.