RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Carbon Cub 15cc
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 06:30 AM
Pilot_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
The Maule is a blast, fly it on 4S
I'm getting a 3s and a 4s I'm more of a scale flyer, but will probably ring it out once I get used to it.
This is my first foam airplane, but from all the videos I saw of the Maule, it sure looks nice and flies great.
I got the ASX3 SAFE, or whatever it is, version so I can just link up the DX6e radio.
Definitely putting the floats on and itching for a real calm, no wind day at the lake so I can try it out.
It may be an expensive piece of foam, but I got thinking about it, with all the servos, electronics, pretty much all built, brush-less motor and it does fly like a dream according to everyone, plus working flaps and scale details, eve a pilot figure....for 260.00 I really think now, that it is a good deal actually.
I was going to get the FMS Beaver which is a lot bigger, but it would be 300.00 more than the maule, so I decided to get the Maule and purchase the Hangar 9 Carbon Cub with that saved 300. I'll fly the Maule and have fun with that and build up enthusiasm to get started building up the Carbon cub, which I want to do a real nice job on.

Thanks, everyone for helping me out with my latest, money burning escapade....it's all good.