RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 11:45 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Yep, the balance is pretty good on it, and because the wings are nearly flat it will hold orientation instead of rolling level. It can be an advanced trainer, but it is no longer a NOOB trainer as it won't hands off recover. Going to do a CG test next time I have it up and see if it holds or drops, and I think it will drop because I am pretty sure it is still a bit nose heavy. It has zero dead weight in it. When I built it, I balanced at the forward CG mark, over time the weights fell off, so there are none on it. I also swapped the OS out for the FG-11, which weighs a little bit more than the OS-52 with the ignition, but moved the ignition back towards the wing to compensate. It still balanced correctly, I just don't know where in the range. I built it 9 years ago, busted it once, cracked the LE once, and ripped the gear off once, all in the first year. Have had to replace all the hinges at one time or another, and next time around will put pin hinges in. Going to find some 1/4 or 3/8" hard balsa and make new ailerons for it and move the servos out mid wing instead of the single one in the center so I can set up flaperons. I did that with the 4*120, and will full I can practically stop the plane in the air for a few seconds before the nose drops. Should make the plane more exciting to play with.