RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Mephisto Build thread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 06:32 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

With a flip of a switch you could go to a basic flight set up and then is is a sweet flying, precise, and easy to land airplane.
I did a quick check approximately 225mm plus the steering arm on the nose and 185mm on the main. Maybe someone who hasn't mounted their gear yet can give you a picture or more precise measurements. I can't be very precise without cycling the gear or removing the covers. My measurements are on an angle to the axle as well.
My flight modes are:
1. Precision flight. No Tailerons or thrust vector, Using heading hold on Elev and Ail instead of a traditional rudder to elev/Ail or throttle to elev mixes.
2. 3D flight. Tailerons and TV are active.
3. Hover. Only hover. Very similar to 3D but much higher gains on TV.

Mine is nose heavy, if I set the tail on the ground and release it the nose will drop slowly. I was told this is better with the Royal iGyro system.
A 3 position switch on my Tx selects the 3 flight modes in the Royal. The Royal has two gyro circuits so I can select different gyro gains and heading hold gains on, for instance, the elevator and the TV pitch function.
I think that once you decided what equipment you will use you should try to find someone, somewhere, who could share their setup with you. Your flying style and preferences, as well as your particular servos, CG, etc. will determine the final numbers but for me it was a godsend to have two very capable "Mephisto pros" start me off on the right track with reasonable starting settings.