RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long FPV "System"
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 12:32 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pcsguy88
Funny you mention the jammers because I’m pretty sure the police jammed my Air when I tried to fly over a pandemic farmers market for the overhead shot. The did not care when I was around the edges, but as soon as I started to get over the snaking lines of cars I lost all connection until I turned it back on at home. Thank you auto return.

As far as the privacy with phones go, I know 2 things and suspect 2 things. Prior to 9/11 the Feds already had the ability to turn your cameras and mics on at will even if you powered the phone down and removing the battery was the only way to truly disable the phone. I suspect this is why all phones have internal batteries now. Also before 9/11 I know that every offshore Internet cable entering our country entered a switch site and split with one feed going into the Fed’s black box room and one continuing on into the public backbone to be freely distributed to us. I suspect now (and Snowden has confirmed this) that every switch site and central office in this country has black boxes gobbling up everything at the source. This is what cracks me up about VPNs since using one does not magically bypass these black boxes, they only trick Netflix into think you live in Bangladesh.
"Auto Return" lol We call that RTC in the business (return to China). I've seen it and had it happen to me a ton of times actually. I now fly NOTHING with automation in it. Nothing. If it isn't full manual even for AP rigs I won't touch it. As for the jamming that is very hard to get approved, pretty much it comes down to military and defense contractors for that type of stuff and even then only via permits for the contractors. If you got jammed you would lose all on the Mavic Air as that uses wifi I believe for FPV versus the others that use the 2.4/5.8 RF mix. It is actually harder to jam a DJI than others due to the digital signals versus analog used on miniquads/planes but since there is software involved you can actually hack a DJI in the air and that software is already sold now.
(please excuse me if I'm incorrect on the Mavic Air, one of those Mavics use a wifi only system which has way less penetration, range, and more lag than the others. i'm not 100% up to date on my dji models as I'm an analog diy guy myself)
The following users liked this post:
Geolabman (01-03-2022)