RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA membership interests
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 02:45 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcmors
I would have to agree with this Franklin. I think that Andy really wants to try to influence action on things that will be good for the hobby. Having him on the EC gives me some hope that things could actually change for the better.
Fair enough, but I'm much less optimistic. Why? Because as noted, he's curiously silent on direct questions as to his ideas on things he can actually influence - like AMA strategy, finances, etc. That is very underwhelming, and that behavior reminds me more of EC status quo than a change agent. A study of votes shows he votes with the majority. Also, there's barely any mention of his comments in EC minutes on finances, strategy, etc. - which reinforces the opinion formed from lack of response to questions here.

He throws that "RCU Community Moderator, Leader Member, and Contest Director" thing quite liberally - along with his status as a turbine signoff authority. That puts him in exclusive company. Company that I would think has thick enough skin to be challenged. But then again if not, that also sends a signal.