RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blade Fusion 360 main rotor gear replacement
Old 06-07-2020, 05:31 AM
grubs4flyn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Blade Fusion 360 main rotor gear replacement

Just got a HH Blade Fusion 360 and after 2 flights, the main gear looked very worn. As a beginner, I ordered some new main gears, but have no clue how to replace it. Nor, do I understand why it failed so quickly. It was sent back to HH first for repairs under warranty, but came back with a new main gear, but it wore down as well after 2 flights. I now have spares to replace it myself now as HH does not pay for shipping either way, and their shop time is a bit high per hour. Plus, they didn't repair it properly in their first attempt and I'm $100 out of pocket and in the same boat again. I would rather replace the main gear myself to save the $100 bucks and learn more about what might be out of alignment causing the issue in the 1st place. I'm at near the point of just filing a dispute with credit card and send the thing back and shop elsewhere for something similar. Other than this issue and dealing with HH support and repair shop, I really like the bird, so repairs would be my first choice. Anybody here know where I can get beginner type instructions on how to replace the main gear? And what might be causing excessive wear in little flight time on it? Or, direct me to the correct forum to post this? Thanks in advance.. Also who might be able to repair it should I not be able to? Other than Horizon Hobby...I no longer want to use or deal with them sorry to say. Happy flying while I wait....dlg

PS: Let me add that I am certainly willing to pay for repairs from anyone capable. I already have the parts. There is likely a paid repair service out here somewhere or an individual willing to cash in on a few bucks...

PS2: A note from a dummy me. You lazy, like me, beginners that don't have time or take time to build one from a kit, know that if you don't build it, you will not know how to fix it and not have a manual that explains everything in good detail. Dah, I should have thought about that one and now paying the price and regretting it. Don't be a lazy dummy like me.

Last edited by grubs4flyn; 06-07-2020 at 07:48 AM.