RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS FS Surpass II bearing question
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 07:21 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I pulled my engines apart I decided not to completely disassemble the head and just put it into the sonic cleaner as a unit it seemed to clean it just fine without removing the springs etc.I did blow it out with air and lube it generously with 3in1 oil right after drying to prevent rust, Dawn soap in my cleaner really works well on the dirt and oil I also scrub the parts with a little plastic brush between rounds just to loosen up the grime, removing the cam bearings is easy I bought my bearings off ebay from a guy in AZ there also stainless from the USA,and pretty inexpensive BTW, he gave me a great tip on a home made puller from a screw I ground down and butterfly nut works like a charm, I tried the wax method for pulling the cam bearings and frankly it sucks,this little screw device was the ticket.
I will post a pic this afternoon with a couple of tips I have learned through trial and error on proper placement etc.
I may not of had the best performance due to old fuel as well,I did notice the 2 engines I replaced the rods on were a little lower RPM so it could be with some break in they will come up a bit, its what I had on hand so I used it the new needle and overall carb cleaning did wonders for the performance for sure.