RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESC thresholds!
Thread: ESC thresholds!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 07:18 AM
Dr.Ew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reply the and truck driver

Thanks guys. I’ve definitely learned a lot since then and your both right! Like truckdriver says “you buy cheap you buy twice!” Also I now know that the higher Kev means higher top speed lower torque. However if the motor can’t take it then it’s hopeless to try and keep experimenting with ESCs and such. I finally decided on getting an Arrma Granite blx brushless 4x4. Was looking at the rustler but an extra $100 for the possibility that I could kill the spur gear instantly doesn’t outweigh the Arrma has set mesh points depending on the pinion gear you use. Yes that means I can only use what they provide but I haven’t been able to use an RC car/truck for more than 10 minutes, without something breaking, since I started this hobby! Super frustrating! I will one day get the Rustler 4x4 VXL but not before I try the Granite BLX.

The one thing I am concerned about is the transmitter and receiver reviews that aren’t the greatest. They say it has slow response time and doesn’t work without delays. Any advice on the subject?
The following users liked this post:
Truckdriver198831 (06-19-2020)