RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 06-22-2020, 02:01 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Well you all, today I received confirmation that I am eligible for burial in a VA National Cemetery. So I will make that one last trip to Florida where most of my family is located.

The severe weather for my area has not lived up to the forecast so far. It looked like a powerful system was headed my way. It went right by me. I did have to lower the flag as it created lots of wind. It gave a death blow to my Bradford Pear tree. Weather got this tree a few years ago. Half the tree came down. Now a large limb has broken off. I had to trim it in the wind; get it off the gate. Remaining tree does not look too good and more limbs may break off. So next fair weather period I’ll cut it down. It once was a real beautiful tree. Unfortunately, these trees weaken with age. Firewood? Hmmmm!! More weather still forecast for this week.

I stopped by my foam source in town. I got several pieces of some very strong foam. Good for building an airplane. I’m done with balsa for now so foam is the alternative. I’m building a PC power supply. Good for the workbench and for powering a hot wire bow. Here I powered it up and tested all the wires for voltage. All ok so I'll add the switch, indicator light and power posts. This power supply will have more capacity than the one I use now.

Not sure why the tree picture rotated left. Can’t fix it.