RCU Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: Antenna position
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 05:22 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CARS II
JS

Yes it was, the airplane was at the 2 o'clock position high when it went into failsafe, the antenna pointing to the right.

I also use a 7clh Futaba for my simple and inexpensive models, the Jeti DS is one if the radios I'm considering as a replacement for my 10chl Futaba but I also like the 16SZA Futaba for my next radio and all my receivers will work with it.
If you saw my thread in the Futaba support forum, you know that this exactly where my jet was when I got locked out and had a failsafe shutdown. I am going to be pointing my antenna bent in the down position. The way I hold the radio, this should give me a good radiating signal across the entire flight line. Bent over 90 degrees or tilted 45 degrees will leave my plane with no signal at the extreme edges of the runway left or right. Pointing down or straight up so that the tip is basically aimed at my forehead it's really the only way to go I guess.I'll be flying my giant scale Hellcat this weekend so I'm going to test an antenna position out on that but granted that thing doesn't get nearly as far away as the jet does.