RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 32 coming.
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 04:20 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by rc4flying
If I may ask, In what way is the 32 and better radio ?
Also, Is the programming from the 18 MZ easily transferable to the 32MZ ?
Thanks.
Hey Joe. First I’ll start with the things that I found lacking with the 32. As Fender said there is no camera now. I uploaded model pics from SD card but I can see his frustration with not being able to snap a quick photo of your model. The main thing I don’t like is there is no CD dial anymore (centre one on front of TX). I found this dial handy for nose steering trim during taxi out. With the 32 I’ve had to move steering trim to an unused trim tab, it works but not as user friendly.
Things I like better over the 18: the new top screen that stays illuminated all the time so it’s easy to see timer and telemetry during flight. The new TX aerial locks up and down and is better than the old one, my 18 aerial got loose over time and wouldn’t stay in the position I put it, this won’t be a problem with the new design. I love the new slider positions on the back of the TX (I use these for LEF and flap) and the switches next to them. I will try to post some pics of these so you can see.
As I said to Fender there is some new menus and boxes that are blank so it looks like Futaba have some updates planned for new stuff. That’s about it mate. It’s not much better but I have found it better. Having said that an 18MZ would satisfy my needs forever.
The program change from the 18 to 32 is seamless. I had not even one click of trim change. I bound receivers, then just to make sure I did learn RC on turbine again, range check and confirm failsafe and that’s it.
To summarise: in my opinion if you have a perfectly good 18MZ it’s not worth a change, if you need a new TX then it is worth the 32.
Fender, copy that mate I understand. And just so everyone knows I have nothing to do with sponsors or the retail RC department, I am a painter by trade