RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS FS Surpass II bearing question
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 08:27 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ahdofu
I am attaching a diagram of my carb. Coming to think of it I think I had it right before. The part that you've removed in your engine is the part that I've circled in red. In my case this screw apparently has two O-rings. In your previous note you had mentioned that once you removed the barrel, there was a spring that you had to watch out for. There is no spring that I can see in the diagram for my carb. Anyway I am going to order the O-rings for the needle valve and the mixture screw and see whether they do anything or not. I thought I had overcome my erratic engine behavior but this afternoon when I went flying, it started to misbehave. Rats!

thats probably why they include 2 O rings in the package they are the same size as the Surpass 1 your carb just required 2 rings, mine being the older version only had the one on the mixture screw, the real rub is why not make the needle valve and the mixture screw O rings the same size, I tried to use the Mixture rings on my needle and it was so loose it wouldn't work,even though the part was smaller than the needle.
part of the reason I went with a new needle was because the old one was so loose in the housing I was sure air was leaking into the carb,I guess I need to order needle valve O rings as well.
I just got a new computer so I was lagging a bit on my response.