RCU Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: Antenna position
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 08:08 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by F900
Just curious what's other peoples thoughts on the Spektrum AR12 and AR20310T receivers with 3 remote receivers?, while I think Spektrum are going down the road of "gimmicky features" that personally don't use or see a need, but I've yet to run into any big issues with losing signal with them. There in my 3 Bandits, BVM Rafale and when I get my Ultra Bandit Evo I will also have installed. I like the remote receivers, I have them placed within the various sections of the airframe away from servo leads or any carbon, I've used them with the iX12 and now the iX20 and yet to have an issue.
AR12310T are all I run in my jets. What do you find "gimicky" about them. While I don't use a gyro, the integrated, tx-adjustable AS3000 is a game-changer IMO, if you want a gyro. It's a half ounce and doesn't require a bunch of jumper cables. The powersafe feature also hardly a gimmick - IMO, it's essential. I cringe when I see a guy running futaba or any other standard-type receiver with 11+ servos/functions powered by one single 22awg servo connector plugged into the rx buss. Quadruple signal path redundancy and built-in telemetry? Also not a gimmick, IMO...