RCU Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: Antenna position
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 02:55 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Friday we are flying jets ( Raffy, myself and other) but before that, on Thurs I will put my radio to the test with my 60 size sport airplane, a fast, can go far and high airplane, I will make sure I have the throttle failsafe set to idle and will fly it with the antenna in up position then will take it to the same spot where my Boomer went into failsafe and will turn the antenna horizontal and will observe while flying slow, if it goes into failsafe then the antenna comes up, recover, repeat, will report from the field.

On another note, my decision is made, I will be getting a Jeti radio some time next month, I'm leaning towards the DS12 that can be expanded to 16 proportional chls with the deluxe package, it has the 900mhz added to it for a dual redundancy on the link with the receivers, it's just about $100 difference in price from the 16chl Futaba ( probably less ) that I was thinking of getting, you may have noticed it has no sliders but, since all the switches and knobs are interchangeable, I'm thinking, I only use one on/off switch on the right top side of my radio then, I will keep the short two position switch on the right side then swap the knob to a slider switch, it may actually be more convenient to have the slider on top instead of having it on the side, see, I'm already customizing the radio to my needs, very convenient,.

I really like that it is light weight, compared to the DS24, the Bumblebee color is very attractive to me, it matches two of my jets's color scheme and it has all the fixtures I use now and then some, time to read the manual and watch the vids they have on programming, one of the most important things for jet flyers is support of the product, I called Jeti USA and had a nice chat with ? sorry, forgot his name but he was ready to pour all this info on the radio's sofware are over the phone, I very much appreciate that.

Last edited by CARS II; 06-30-2020 at 03:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CraigG (07-01-2020)