RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC availability
Thread: RC availability
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 09:49 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s7jstep1
Hi, i used to be pretty big into rc (as well as this forum) but with life and everything, i fell out of the hobby for about 7-8 years. I recently was talking with 3 of my buddys and they saw my old SC10 and said they wanted to get one. I decided to do some research and i realized that, not only is my truck old and discontinued (im not surprised) but it seems that most of the big sites like tower, amain, etc are on backorder for most of their trucks. Im assuming this is because of the covid19 pandemic or is there something i missed?
Nope, you didn't miss anything.

I wouldn't worry about your SC10 being discontinued. You can still bash it around until you can get parts for it any more. You'll probably need some new battery packs now, though, and hopefully, you didn't leave alkalines in your transmitter or it's cashed.

I know what you mean about life getting in the way. I'm just back after a hiatus, too. The trick is when you feel your passion for the hobby burning down, sell most of your vehicles, while they're still worth something,so you can re-enter fresh when you come back.