RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Twin Build
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 09:52 AM
Mario Giordano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5150Cat
Annnnnnd we're back.

Ok, so after long discussions and threatening phone calls from Matt.....I'm bailing on the electric idea. Multiple reason. First. I was going electric to make it easier for me to get the boat around by myself in the chair and all. Well electric is still heavy and still going to be impossible for me to do alone. So it's silly to go electric.

Especially since I have the full motor/gearbox set up ready to go.

So here's where we are at. Swapped the piston and head on one of the cylinders so now I have one exhaust on each side. Then I fabbed up a carbon fiber/Kevlar servo mount for each of the throttles since they are on opposite sides now.

Worked on getting one of the windshields cut and fitted. Will get the other tonight. Also thanks to Matt I put in a brace for the windshield center divider since it was pretty flexy.

Have servo mounts for steering coming, as well as the final throttle piece I need for the carbs. The only other thing I need to sort is fuel tank, radio box, kill switch and exhaust ports. Going to work on something nice for the exhaust ports. Functional and should look and sound good.

I'll add some pictures if anyone other than me is still following this forever post! LOL!

Mike
Great!! I'm building a Hunter too, but i'm going electric, started some years ago with a gas project but after to many issues i decided to convert it. As soon as the apache is finished, i start with the Hunter.
Want to see the pictures.
Cheers