RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why isn't AMA giving details of it's "wins?"
Old 07-29-2020, 01:33 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Have someone fly into the path of a full sized airplane and see how fast that changes. That doesn't mean someone that flies all the time, just anyone being stupid.
Times have changed. When WA and CO approved the use of pot, DOT put out the word that anyone getting caught using could be charged with a felony. That's not changed since the use of pot was legalized and, just to make sure we knew, it was put out to everyone in my company as an attachment to an email warning us not to partake

That has already happened a few times now since 10/18. Like Andy has said we haven't seen the hammer come down as a result. Now if a manned aircraft were to overfly a club field at say 1,000' and have a near miss with a LOS model I agree that things could change overnight. I think one thing that the law has done for us is given us an overall heightened awareness at the club fields. I hear much more vocal activity when a manned aircraft is in the area as opposed to 5 years ago. IMO that heightened awareness has done more for safety of manned aircraft then anything else implemented.