RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-12
Thread: Jeti DS-12
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 05:29 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Throttle idle...is what I used on the turbine motor as my idle.....(I have a locking switch for that, that arm the motor for start) I also use it on electric as my high idle..to get the prop to turn especially on indoor planes....

I don’t used throttle cut on turbine anymore doesn’t do anything we have brakes...but I use it on electric and gas....
Daniel,

I realize you aren't saying you use throttle cut for brakes but you are 100% wrong when you say it does nothing. It is a perfectly valid way to to STOP a turbine and it's use does not prevent you from performing a manual cool down as you seem to believe it does based on previous discussions.

I'm not trying to tell you that you should use throttle cut but contradicting other that do use it by saying it does nothing or that it prevents manual cool down or any other reason that isn't factually correct only serves to confuse new users and spread misinformation, which is exactly the opposite of what I thought this thread was for.

If you don't like using throttle cut to shut down your turbines, rather than saying it does nothing (which is completely wrong) simply describe your preferred method.

You said you use throttle idle on a safety switch, so do I, I also use Throttle Cut on the other position of the same safety switch. Flip it up and the turbine is ready to run, flip it down and the turbine stops. For manual cool down start with the switch down, advance the throttle and flip the switch up.
So if you don't use throttle cut, how DO you stop your turbine, Throttle trim ? And again, I'm not trying to get you to change how you do it, just actually SAY how you do it rather than how you don't which doesn't help anyone learn anything.