Thread: Jeti DS-12
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 05:09 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Daniel,

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain your setup. I see what you're saying now and I guess there really isn't any need set throttle cut to stop the turbine. So basically throttle stick all the way down without "throttle idle" active is "stop / trim down", Throttle stick down WITH throttle idle active is "ready/trim up and then of course full stick is full sitck when doing Teach RC. Cool.

I personally like the throttle to be locked until I want the to go to the trim up / ready state so I use throttle cut to stop the turbine.
While working on my plane if I accidentally bump the throttle stick i don't want anything to happen unless I have armed the turbine by moving the safety switch to the trim up / ready position so I like to use throttle cut to stop the turbine and lock the throttle channel when the safety switch is down. While the throttle cut function does lock the throttle channel to the "cut'" position, if you advance the throttle first and then release throttle cut function the turbine will go directly from trim down/stopped to full throttle and manual cool down with begin. So nothing about this setup prevents using manual cool down, you simply need to flip the safety switch to release the throttle lock function if you want to do manual cool down. Also since I have G1 Kingtech or my newer kingtech turbines have restart disabled, they can't be started until they have cooled below 100C so if the turbine is still hot and you advance throttle it will still do manual cool down when throttle is advanced rather than try to start regardless of trim up/trim down. None of my turbines have ever failed to perform auto cool down after a run so I've never actually needed to do a manual cool down though.
I see what you do, The way I have it, I don’t have to hit anything switch to manual cool down, if I bump the throttle with the throttle idle switch to OFF -100....nothing happen unless it goes to +100 then it just cool the turbine....so nothing bad can happen...

of course I also used the TX start up switch....pre-flight, so everything is safe in the right positions...so nothing can be started and the gear is selected down....

I don’t remember when I ever needed to do manual cool down (mine are all G2 now) So that wasn’t the purpose....I just don’t need the throttle lock with my setup..

Always more then one way....