RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-12
Thread: Jeti DS-12
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 05:26 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CARS II
After reading Wayne's explanation of his throttle cut/ready set up I want to give a try, I suppose I will need a locking switch for that now.

Wayne, does this video explains your throttle cut/ready set up?

https://youtu.be/Y17j6xanttY
Yes,

That video describes how to assign switches to the Throttle Idle and Throttle Cut functions. I find this way of controlling the turbine to be very convenient as it uses a single 2 position switch to select between run and stop. There aren't really any functional differences between what I do (use throttle idle AND throttle cut) and what Daniel does (uses throttle idle only) however the details will vary slightly. To be honest, this was one fot the first things I setup when I switched to Jeti and I wasn't aware of the throttle lock function and I could have used Daniels method and simply set the throttle lock function to prevent my clumsiness from accidentally advancing the throttle. Still, I never quite got use to manually setting throttle lock and I still prefer to have it locked automatically simply by flipping the Run/Stop switch in the Stop position until I'm actually ready to start the turbine..

You will need to select values for the throttle idle and throttle cut functions (if you choose to use it) that will give you reasonable pulse widths. Since my turbines had all had TEACH_RC performed using Spektrum I adjusted my throttle channel end points to +/-80%, set throttle idle to +10% and Throttle Cut to -125% and these values gave me throttle channel pulse widths that closely matched TRIM UP / TRIM DOWN and FULL STICK for my JR12X that was used for my turbines initial TEACH_RC operation so I didn't need to repeat TEACH_RC with my Jeti (yes, I'm lazy).

Oh yeah, don't forget to set the throttle channel fail safe in the receiver to give you either a pulse width well outside the normal range used during TEACH_RC or with JEti you also have the option to set the fail safe value of the throttle channel to completely stop sending servo pulses if the receiver goes into fail-safe. That is probably the best setting for throttle fail-safe.

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-06-2020 at 05:31 AM.