RCU Forums - View Single Post - Updated T-ONE Models 1/8.5 F-16 Build
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 11:27 AM
aehaas

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was able to move the K-70G4 turbine back several inches allowing me to place the back of the fuel cell at the CG point. This will make for better balance as fuel is consumed. The engine mounting wooden rails had to be cut out some as the fuel cell would otherwise sit too high. The engine hatch could not be seated in place over it. The whole fuel cell now sits lower. This is also better balance for the plane as it would be less top heavy.

The space in front of the fuel cell allows for the mounting of my AR12310T Spektrum receiver as well as the engine ECU. There is room for the Spektrum AS3000 AS3X Flight Stabilization Module. It weighs in at 3 gm. In front of those are the air trap and fuel pump.

I eliminated the forward floor of the canopy compartment. The rear floor will be for batteries. Most have mounted their air trap and pump on this floor but mine are even behind this area.

The light and gear controllers will be behind the CG in the wing root part of the fuselage. Everything is designed for ease of access and repair and adjustments. It does not seem this way yet but follow along and you will see the light.

I am also trying to make the model as light as possible by shortening all wires. A clue is to see what I did on my T-38: The Skymaster Northrop T-38 Talon Project of 2019

AEHaas