RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Shredder V2 build thread and info
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 07:15 AM
juxsa

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Redcat Shredder V2 build thread and info

I will update this post as best I can with info regarding the build of my Redcat Racing Shredder V2. I just got it earlier this week so I'm still learning about it.
I am running it on two 2s 50c batteries and it's a blast! I put in a SkyRC GC-401 Gyro.

I am trying to compile all the info I have found from various forums, FBook posts, and YouTube videos into one source.

Differential:
Differential shims/washers. The part number for the washers/shims for the diffs is "Redcat Racing BS903-091" the size of the washers is "5.2*10*0.2"
I believe that you are supposed to use 1 - 2 washers per diff.
Diff Fluid: Posts I have seen recomend using 80k to 100k for the front and rear diff, and 300k all the way up to 1million in the center diff. I have 100k and 500k weight coming in next week.

Shocks:
I am going to be swapping out the shock oil with 75-90wt oil.
I think the springs might be not stiff enough for the weight of the shredder. I'm going to measure the shocks and springs with my caliper. I will post those measurements here.
Once I have taken some time with adjusting the spring preload and put the heavier wt oil in, I will look for stiffer springs and post a part number for what I find.

Motor Mount:
I read that the Redcat Racing Bs803-022 Aluminum Motor Mount fits the shredder.

If you have any info PLEASE post it and be as detailed as you can with part numbers or what parts from other vehicles swap over with little to no modification or even heavy modification.