RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben's 1/10 T-34
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 07:14 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Hooben's 1/10 T-34

Hooben's 1/10 T-34 arrived today. I have to say it came quite quickly and in what seems to be in perfect condition so I laud their packing; the box is what I've come to see as their standard heavy cardboard foam lined shipping box which seems to protect the model pretty well. I think perhaps the snow cleats on the right side moved a little but that's all I could detect from a very cursory examination.

I've not had a chance nor will I for a while to check dimensions, construction and whatnot. I can say it is very light for a 1/10 model, no rubber tires but rather a one piece molded hard plastic wheel. The overall impression is as a larger version of a 1/16 scale model both in form and construction. I believe the lower hull is plastic very thin as the front lower glacis bends while picking it up. The overall extreme lightness is striking. More to come as I examine this further.

The photos below are exactly as it is coming from the box; I've done nothing to it. At some point I'll open it up and put it through it's paces. Down the road I'll
likely swap out the electronics for an IBU2 Pro as I still have a number of them kicking around...I should add that this arrived while it reached 106 here today
in toasty Concord so I wasn't so motivated to do much with this...

Jerry

Last edited by Tanque; 08-14-2020 at 07:18 PM.