RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM F 16 (original)
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 12:24 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

My Pleasure! It’s fun to go back down memory lane. I started laughing at the engine popping. It was new and He never flew it, but he had the engine from previous jet. He never flew jets at our field, so I had never seen one start, or him flying any other jet. All I knew was there was open propane, jet fuel and a flame. After I paid for it, he demonstrated a start for me. We weren’t going to fly it, because of too tight of field and short runway. So just a demo. I was knelt down on the opposite side of the jet then him. He opened the air to the scuba tank, started adding air to turn the turbine, and proceeded to open the propane valve. Well it popped! And I ran! I thought the whole thing was going to blow up. Of course he got a laugh. The gear are stout, and strong, as you seen. So very worth while finding O-rings. The engine was in a full bypass. You saw that I only had one throttle setting at that time! Full! I’m in Florida, so that day was probably at least 85 degrees and a 500’ runway. I use soft field technique and hold about half elevator from takeoff roll and let it lift off when it’s ready.

I hear you in cooped up! I have two jets ready for their maiden. Working on the the third.