View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 03:01 PM
Pilot_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
What I would do, not being a prop expert, would be to contact someone that is. The person I am thinking of is Mark Sholund. He has a business he calls Props 4 U where he takes R/C boat props that are rough castings from the manufacturer and finishes them into usable props. I'll be the first to say they aren't cheap but they are ready to go when you get them and are night and day different from the plastic garbage that comes with a stock boat. That said, they are also much more dangerous since they are sharpened, balanced and polished so they will cut a finger off before you can blink. If you're interested, his website is https://props4u.net/

Hey, thanks and I will do that. I will buy a prop from him and see what he suggest. I will start by getting one for my lightly modded blackjack 24. Merely just an ESC upgrade to run 4s instead of 3s. motor is the stock 2,000 KV. He could probably size up a good prop if he has my specs. Would be neat to see the improvement for real and I will gain a better idea of what is going on to see it real. My only understanding is, smaller diameter lets the motor spin up more and easier on the electronics. Pitch drives the boat further for every RPM but loads the electronics.... I'm probably way off, but I have to admit I need help with this, it's driving me nuts, lol Thanks again.