RCU Forums - View Single Post - Custom program request
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 08:58 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

After research and mulling this through, here's what is happening:

- Not looking for sympathy but my emotions may be running rampant -
- My youngest radio system, the DX9 is an early version and has never been updated - even had it before the newer Black versions came on the scene.
- It works extremely well, I'm happy with it, spent countless hours setting up and trimming the models programmed on it, and never pranged any of them - last used Friday evening.
- I hope you can see this from my perspective in your heart of hearts - if I update the AirWare in the transmitter and start seeing anomalies showing up (even trim changes), I will have regrets making the change and not being able to go back. (Yes, I've been reading the forums probably too much - )
- Maybe I would be even happier if I made the change but I just don't know that from this side of things and don't want to take the risk.
- When I started this hobby 40+ years ago, I heard some of the older, wiser, modelers using an old adage: "If it works, don't 'fix' [with] it" and this statement is weighing on me here more than ever -

Suppose it's possible to start from scratch and program the transmitter model memory for X-WRAE myself but that's the hard way, you've already provided me the file, and I appreciate that.
I absolutely do want to use the technology available and have been considering buying the DX8 to dedicate to experiments; will this radio import and be able to use the attached file in post #5 from an SD card?
The pain to my wallet would hurt so much less than the pain to setup and re-trim my existing models -