RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 09-10-2020, 01:57 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

My case started with a headache and a fever. I text a friend I thought was coming down with the flu. Next day the coughing started. Getting progressively worse. One night I could not sleep from the coughing. Cough after cough after cough. I finally got to sleep. By morning I had the horrible pain by the rib cage. It was so painful I tried not to cough or do anything that affected the stomach muscle. This went on and in time the pain started going away but the cough lingered for weeks. I did not feel the body aches that some report.

This was all before any mention of the virus. Then reports started coming in with symptoms and I related to the symptoms described. Best case was the congressman from Utah. Everything he described I had except body pain. He was positive and later wound up in the hospital. I just treated my case as the flu not knowing enough at the time. If it was the virus I hope I have some immunity now. Too many unknowns about this virus.

I don’t like the mask wearing either. But having gone what I went through I don’t take any chances. I can attest I don’t want that pain in the rib cage again. I use a bandana mask. Folded so there are 4 layers of protection and I include a coffee filter in the mix. I use a twisted SS safety wire to form the seal around the nose and cheek area. It takes only a couple of minutes to assemble and use stretch bands around the ears.

Only good thing about this pandemic is I’m working on home projects I’ve ignored for a while. Biggest one is repairing one section of the barn roof. I started it but this weather is still too hot for that job. One third done and two thirds of the old roof needs to come down. I thought we would have cool weather by now. Yesterday was really hot. So I gave up working outside and played a little with a second foamy airplane I’m building.
The following users liked this post:
bisco (09-13-2020)