RCU Forums - View Single Post - ** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **
Old 09-13-2020, 12:45 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Look at post #419. You can see the firmware version is 1.0 on both of them.

So, this is what I have done so far.

1. Hook up kingtech G4 ecu to ecu input of CTU

2. Hook up CTU (master) receiver to Ext 1 on my CB 400

3. Hook up CTU (slave 1) receiver to Ext 2 on my CB 400 -> this was NOT obvious and I had to change my cb 400 to ex-bus input on ext 1 and 2. And making 2 CTU's show up on device explore was NOT easy. I had to connect each CTU individually and make the second one "slave 1" with the first one disconnected. Then, 2 separate CTU's showed up
under device explorer.

4. Finally figured out how to update the CTU's from downloading and unzipping "Firmware Lua Full 1.7-2.0 firmware 1.0.zip" THIS IS NOT CLEARLY APPARENT as the file to
download from digitech's website to update firmware and get the LUA files.

When I updated one CTU, the firmware gets deleted from the micro SD card, so you have to remember to do that. THIS IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE except earlier on this
thread by LAjetguy. Thanks to him, I was able to go back and see that the second CTU did not get updated, as the firmware indeed disappeared from the micro SD card.

5. Turned on my DS-24 and I can see telemetry from "CTU" and "CTU1". I'm assuming "CTU1" is the slave. This should not be an assumption, I should clearly see "master" and "slave1".

6. Opened up "CTU Lua Twin" from my applications and see the above error.

7. Go to "displayed telemetry" and pick LUA and I get the big blank screen above.

Please forgive my frustration, but I am frustrated. All these steps were pretty much 1-2 hours to go through each and I get nothing.

The only thing I have not done, is do the "learn RC" for the turbines.

I'll take any help I can get.

Thank you!

you can name both CTU to whatever you want to name them , you can do this with any sensor in a jeti..
for the CTU themselves it needs to be set to 1 master.
as for connection you can hook 2 ctu,s together no need for many spare ports. set one port to EX and hook the other CTU to it.
even better you can use the other one as a throttle channel also basicly needing one EX port to control; and monitor 2 turbines.
as for the LUA scripts these are as is and we dont support them.
but help is just a email away...
mak sure your root of apps contains : digitech folder with all files.
and in the root of apps is the ctu.lua and the ctu-twin.lua
if yes then all should work.
if you upgrade a ctu with the SD card the file WILL disapear if the upgrade was succesfull.
always nice to leave a clean card after use ;-).
also there is no need to get frustrated ,there is a ton of help in this section.
and you can messenger me , whatsapp me , call me , mail me , facebook support groups and and and..
as for the manual yes its old and obsolete and needs a rework, i agree for that i apologize,
must i can tell you for sure , all works as it should.

br Sandor
The following users liked this post:
Carsten Groen (09-13-2020)