RCU Forums - View Single Post - US NAVY SeaDart F2Y (Flying boat) Build
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 03:23 AM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex48
Thanks I just hope it will fly! Im certain we can make a great looking static model, happy we can get it working as an RC boat, reasonable sure it will be OK as a hydra-ski, but the flying part is a bit scary to think about!

Following the theme of splash proofing anything electrical I have used high capacity RC car batteries in this case Overlander 7.4v 2S 5300 Lipos.
Looooll we all wish to see her in the air soon. What an amazing project and can't wait for your 105 as well.

Just a suggestion on the 2S for the P300s. I've stopped using 2S on JCs about 6-7 years back and sleep with a peace of mind. 2S are more prone to static discharges and possible flameouts. I now use 3S (Life or LiPo) on all my JCs, including my P300. In fact on my P300 I use 3s LiPo. Not sure if your ECU allows it to change the battery chemistry, I think it should. Static build up is always a problem if you take off from a hard surface but can also happen in the air especially with long plumping. Of course antistatic additive is a must but still a risk as the additive fades out after a month of fuel storage....

Maybe from water there's no way to build up static not sure of the physics behind that.

Tassos