RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Kingtech k 80 flames with fire on full throttle
Old 09-18-2020, 11:58 AM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Flames happen because combustion moves out of the combustion chamber, therefore there is no gas expansion at the turbine wheel, this causes rpms to drop and temp to go up drastically, the ECU shuts the engine down because the engine can not reach the rpms for a specific throttle position, thus the “low rpm” message. Flames are a symptom of:

1)too much fuel volume, can happen with new pump or new ECU Acceleration settings that cause higher fuel flow, anything related to filters or algae would reduce fuel flow, not increase it, so that is not the problem
2) poor fuel vaporization, this can happen if fuel needles get mis aligned, or deteriorated vaporization tubes break on the Combustion Chamber (high impact hits, like a crash)
3) drag on rotating parts (bad bearings, turbine wheel or compressor rubbing on surrounding metal, misaligned or deformed NGV) again, can be caused by the impact of a crash

While you can try and increase the acceleration delay and might get to the point of eliminating the flames, the engine may not run reliably and acceleration will possibly be very slow, if you continue to run the engine trying to figure out the problem you will cause even more damage because of the excessive heat of the flames, I would even think your rear bearing might be coked already.

I would suggest you send your engine for service right away, do not try yo run it anymore on this condition
The following users liked this post:
methman2003ng (09-18-2020)