RCU Forums - View Single Post - M166TS Full Throttle Issue
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:19 PM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default M166TS Full Throttle Issue

So on the first flight of the day all is good and the Ultra Flash is just busting though the sky. And now the second start of the day and things are not so good. During the second start all is going fine until about half way though the ramp to idle and I get ignition failure. Of all the times I start a turbine this was the one time that I was not watching every moment of the ramp up. I let it cool and attempt a third start of the day and it starts and gets idle just fine, but I notice that the exhaust temperature looks to be about 200 deg C lower than normal. I start to increase throttle and the exhaust temperature jumps to normal at about 575 C. I continue to throttle up to full throttle and at about 110k RPM the hand held data terminal starts flashing full RPM/pump calc. RPMs slowly increased to about 118k and that's as high as they went. Even though I shouldn't have, I did fly it after that, and noticed that the top speed was not there. After landing, I plugged in the data terminal and re-checked max RPM and the same condition as described above, continued. Based on what I'm seeing, I believe the exhaust temperature thermal couple has gone bad.

Has anyone seen this series of events before with a 166?

Robert