RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are there any inexpensive transmitters that work for a lot of different receivers?
Old 09-21-2020, 03:25 PM
bisco

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien135
I know this is kind of a layman's question and I'm still in the beginner mode but I know it's there are certain mostly Chinese made transmitters for around $25 that work with a few different groups of receivers but are these are good investment or any of these any good they're mostly Chinese I think you have to buy the servo separately from the receivers and the ESC and I'm not sure if they're compatible with brushed escs. And my better off spending like over $100 on a transmitter that has more compatibility with more receivers? with my budget in the picture it's not an easy thing to come up with that much money but I don't want to buy something that's really cheap and crummy either can someone make a recommendation one of the ones that seems to come up a lot is a fly sky FS ai16 or something like that. Is that any good. I've also seen an FR sky transmitter being used on several videos but I don't see it for sale anywhere that seems to be compatible with some of the more practical bricks type transmitters I mean receivers that I see available is that something I should be looking for?
from what i have been able to figure out, the broad answer is no. that being said, these 'open transmitters seem to be very flexible, cheap and reliable.
the issue is the tech learning curve, and little to no help from the manufacturers.

i'm in the same boat as you, but i have little tech ability, and prolly will just go with a spectrum tx and lemon rx