RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 07:34 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

Yes that fire started by the idiots is terrible and now with the loss of life of the young smoke jumper Hot Shot makes it a true sad affair. Those responsible should be held accountable.

The new gears, four of them arrived and they too are wrong, but this time it’s on me. They sent me the asked for gears but my part number was wrong. I just set them aside and will mail back and pay the freight because at least I can recover $20-22.00. Yesterday I drove with sample in hand to the Hobby Shop that supports or fly field. So I drove 22 miles each way to find no part and he cannot even get them, he said the distributors have some warehouses and parts are not available. I came home looked again and FOUND IT in blade rather than white and went to order, but it is on BO at every Heli store. So I said to myself, self? this hasn’t gone well has it? This afternoon I pulled the 700 out of the Fuselage and installed the slant lower and new upper and clutch that I got in the beginning on my wrong order. I kept and thought someday I’ll have to convert over, well that day was today. Mark, when done I checked over and pre-flighted every part on that heli and there’s not one bearing and plastic ball link that loose or worn, that suckers like 6 years old! Not to sound full of myself but I guess when you build one right and tight and keep it from mother Earth they’ll do very well. I did have to mod the motors lower bearing block as the new gear was so close to rubbing and I dread about this problem on HF I was very cautious. I put a piece of blue tape on the mount and assembled everything 50% and spun the gears and then took it apart and there was BLACK in the on the tape, so tells you how tight the fit is. So I ground some of the mount down with a Dremel. I did a hover in the back yard and she was sweet! We are moving back into the hundreds again starting tomorrow and more so on Sunday so will be a while for I get a chance to go out and fly.

Yuor being faced with the different new Trollies and Engines having different voltages is making you work a little harder I see but your conquering them as they arise! The new cars look great!!! Love the electric car with the mast that touches the wire overhead. Don’t laugh, but I’ve ridden on those and remember them as a little boy in the sparks as they would buzz up and down the street. That’s nice that you mentioned yours has a little sparks device that makes sparks come out of the top to what...... a great simulation!

Mr. Rogers, I know who is, but never watched the show.

What a wonderful example of thinking out of the box and utilizing your Lipo’s. No charging required either, he he he.

JP