RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 04:04 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTharpe
Ah, I see it now. Poor choice of words, I guess. Joeflyer got it right - it depends how you want to fly. In my mind, the R54 is still a pokey turbine trainer mostly meant for first-time turbine pilots. I can see how experienced jet pilots would consider it underpowered or limited with a P60. Truth is, with a P60, it's not a dog just struggling to fly. It would be very capable of sport aerobatics; it just wouldn't go straight up out of sight. Big deal.

I agree with Bruce's comments, my Reaction at 19 lbs flew just fine with the P60 but, since the engine compressor got damaged, I mounted my K80G1( 19 lbs of thrust suggested by a few guys here ) it gained 1 lbs of weight but gained nearly 5 extra lbs of thrust and fuel consumption is about the same ( throttle management here ) the K85 is an excellent choice now with 17.5 lbs of thrust, lighter than my K80G1 and it burns a little less, also the price is right but more important, the support is excellent.

With the airplane weighting 19 lbs and having 17.5 lbs of thrust then it should be a fun plane to fly, I know mine is

Last edited by CARS II; 10-06-2020 at 04:09 PM.