RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine for pylon training
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 05:22 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm not sure what your goal is, however a TT.40 on an APC 9x6 will turn 16.5k RPM on the start line. On 15%nitro and a .003 head shim. And do that for at least two seasons before it starts to go over the hill.
Some will claim 17k but check their tach.
We use that engine on both Club 40 racers and AMA 424 racers. Being able to throttle the engines is a bonus over the Jett and Nelson engines. The Jett have addons to detune the engine to the TT .40 specification.
I suspect that the TT.46 will perform similarly too. The EVO .46 has issues with MFG quality and poor materials so while they run well as sport motors racing them has been an adventure. I've had several break (two of three) from internal failure. I haven't tried the OS .46 and admire their quality but other's have tested the .40 for our racing and the TT outruns them, or so I've been told.
Tower used to sell a tuned exhaust for the tower .46 It has the same bolt pattern as most of these engines and it will boost power a noticeable amount.
I'm curiorous are you racing 2 pole or three pole racing? perhaps you could post your rules. I wold like to see what you guys are doing.

Sparky