RCU Forums - View Single Post - Portable Charging Case
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 06:15 AM
compi
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by insalacosm
I thought I would share a few pictures of a portable charging station I built to power my FMA Power Lab 8v2. I considered some cases Chris Moon and others have built to design this case. This setup is compact, looks sharp, and features the FMA Power Lab 8v2 charger which is capable of putting out over 1500 Watts when connected to a 24V power supply; connected to a 12V power supply it can put out just over 750 Watts which means I can charge six 5S 5000mAh batteries at 1C. This charging station comprises of the following: 12V, 55Amp Power supply; FMA Power Lab 8v2 charger; a storage compartment for all the charging wires; removable top lid; 2 sets of banana plug receptacles and 2 sets of Anderson Power Pole receptacles for additional plug-in chargers. The power supply and charger both have cooling fans internal to their design, but I installed two computer cooling fans to keep the airflow through the case. Works and looks great.

Steve
do your cooling fans inside the case shut off automatically when the temperature is cool enough or do they run continuously