RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 scale TopFlite Corsair Mods
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/8 scale TopFlite Corsair Mods

Looks like you have had a lot of responses to your thread, good job. I like all the mods for scaling the model that have been discussed are very workable. I hope that some of the guys who have the larger TF Corsair kit are paying attention to this thread as it would help them to improve that model as well. Any way I've noticed a few post's regarding engines and thier problems with overheating. Some of them are caused by trying to turn a three blade prop on the 2 and 4 stroke engines in the recommened power ranges. If one wishes to turn a three or even four blade prop to help the scale appearance, look closely at the RCV .90 or 1.20 four strokes. They will turn a 15" three or four blade heavy pitch prop easily. (See prop ranges on there web sight www.rcvengines.com) They also have a video clip of a Skyraider flying with the .90. I have a RCV .90 that I will put on my TF Cosair next season to see how it performs. My Corsair is presently flying with a MVVS .77 that pulls it very well, but I turn a 13x7 prop in the recommended prop, muffler and fuel combinations. I also have it well baffled. Keep up the good work and have FUN !