RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 10-17-2020, 02:23 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It is funny how you learn to recognize sounds. When the B-52 started flying over, I. first, recognized the sound as a military jet. Now I hear the sound and I know a B-52 is nearby. I get helicopter traffic, civilian and an occasional military flyby. They make a distinct sound. So today I’m about ready to close the back door when I hear this sound. First I thought it was a helicopter but soon discarded that thought. Then I said that is a warbird sound. I ran out into the backyard as these 2 warbirds were passing overhead. I couldn’t make out what they were. They were low and passed by quickly. I managed one picture and got both as they headed west. I don’t know where they were going nor where they came from. I can’t help it but I stop and look at airplanes when they fly by.

Today I cleaned that chimney you see in the picture. Plus the firewood stove. A very messy job. But I have to do it each year. I noticed that my flat roof over the back porch is dirty. I need to clean it. Now from this picture I see my roof drip edge is really dirty. Just another job on the list.