RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Print Project SSYMS 80 ton 1/16th Scale
Old 10-20-2020, 06:31 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I finally got around to taking some pics of the revised 3D printed ramp parts I designed, the ramp is mostly assembled by this time.

I redesigned and reprinted the long ramp parts so they would be closer to the correct length, they are now 346mm in length, increasing the ramp total length when fully extended to around 500 mm or just under 20 inches.
The first picture is the TinkerCad screen showing the parts required, most are duplicated (so not all are shown) for a total of 52 parts including the diamond plates (also not shown in this picture).

Of the diamond plates required there are six for the long ramp and only two for the short. I made the cross bars underneath hollow so I could insert a steel rod to give it more strength in case the tank track happens to run on top of the diamond plates (I am sure at some point this will happen).

The other items not previously pictured are the cross bars and the end pieces that attach to the front of the short ramp that are placed on top of the rail cars bed.
Additionally for assembly there are several hardware components required the "L" brackets at the front are attached with 2mm button head screws and nylon insert lock nuts as there is no accessing them after the ramp parts are glued together I had to be sure they would not come loose over time, thread lock would have worked equally well but I had the lock nuts on hand. Then there are the 10 steel rods that are inserted into the hollow crossbars.

Long & Short Ramps

Long & Short Ramp Disassembled

Front of Short Ramp

Ramp Support

Ultimately everything will be glued together except for the joint between the short ramp and the long ramp, as I made this able to pivot for different heights if necessary and the ramp to the triangular base will not be glued for ease of disassembly for transport.

That's all for now.
The following users liked this post:
Panther F (10-21-2020)