RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mibo A-10 Gen 6
Thread: Mibo A-10 Gen 6
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 07:05 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Correct what Sandor writes regarding the CTU and "throttle" of telemetry values. I made the CTU (and also the SB-EXP2+2 as well as all of my other Jeti-enabled devices) so that it requests telemetry data "on turn" on the downstream EX Bus ports. The CTU can have up to 2 EX Bus ports (where you can connect other EX Bus sensors), and at the same time it also has to send its own telemetry data to the receiver. In order to "squeeze" telemetry data from both the 2 EX Bus ports and the CTU itself, it requests telemetry data on a round-robin fashion. The SB-EXP2+2 does not have its own telemetry values to send, so it just asks the (up to) 2 EX Bus ports is has one at a time for telemetry data.
On another note, all the devices I have developed, does some "throttling" of the telemetry data, there is no need to send the current fuel percentage left in the fueltank 50 times pr second
My SB-IAS (airspeed sensor) sends the data rather often, we found that when using the airspeed for landing purposes (which is used by a LOT of people), it is nice to have it react pretty quickly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carsten Groen:
CraigG (10-26-2020), digitech (10-26-2020)