RCU Forums - View Single Post - Foamie jet for X45/K45 ?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 01:50 PM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
I've done several of these micro turbine conversions, 2-Habu32 (one with Kolibri T35, the other with a K30, Habu32x with K30, FW T-45 with K30, and FW T33 with X45 (used Paul's kit). I'm currently working on another FW T-45 with an X45. I've used the JP brakes in all of them. If you want them to work proportionally you have to remove the magnets in the wheel hub. Once the magnets are removed the brakes will work nice a smooth and be fully proportional with the controller that comes with the brakes (no need for an aftermarket controller). For those of you interested, I made a video on how to remove the magnets. The process is slightly different depending on the wheel size but this video will give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OO3tONzJ8Q&t=55s -Tom
Great video! I have two sets of these brakes but have never used them on my small jets, mainly because of no legal requirement over here for brakes, but I find that my small jets stop quite well, especially with the X45. One thing that I do fit, is a skinny silicone washer made from fuel tubing pushing up against the mains on the axle. This offers some light resistance to the wheel, but won't impede take-off speed. For those that use and require brakes, your mod is excellent, but for my larger jets, I always fit brakes, mainly the Trim Aircraft pneumatic ones.