RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 05:36 PM
tziger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaketab
Tziger,
A few tips I have learned over the past 9 years with my 2 Moki's.
1. Proper oil and ratio at 45-50/1. I use Amsoil Dominator.
2. Number 3 is always slow to come up to temp. Leaning the low side needle is mandatory. I tune while the engine is running. With engine running at slow idle, lean the low screw until the rpms drop, then open until you get the fastest idle speed with good transition.
3. The exhaust manifold nuts to the collector ring will work loose when the engine is new. Never, never, never tighten the nuts while the engine is warm or hot. Only tighten the nuts with minimal torque. The Teflon rings take some time to fully seat. Overtightening them will cause the seals to deform.
4. The black oily exhaust residue should cease after about 1 hour of running in.
5. Only run the motor for short periods on the ground to prevent overheating. Baffling and proper exit air in the cowl is a must.
6. The Moki is very responsive to the throttle input. However, slow the throttle with your transmitter to prevent slamming it open and closed. Much better for the engine to open and close the throttle slowly.
7. Did you remove the idle stop adjustment screw? It may be preventing your throttle lever from going closed all the way. The Moki will have a reliable idle at 1000 or less.
8. Lots of good tips in this forum, but different things work for others.

Regards - J Tab
Great, thanks a lot for the advice.

BR,
Lawrence