RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blue Angel - Build
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 09:11 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flori5855
Hi Mike,
I started my blue angel project 4 weeks ago with a kit from HangarOne / NZ. The KATO plan is identical to your blue angel project from 2006 (RCU-Forum). The CG of 180mm given in my and your plan irritates me. The results of various pc programs for the CG calculation also give me very strange results for that wing profile. I also checked the CG with plans from various manufacturers. The model data were always identical (span 1650 mm, weight 3.5 kg, engine 10 cc, etc.). In all these other plans is the CG about 135mm. :-((
I have no explanation for that. I would be very grateful if you could give me the CG of your Blue Angel.

Mayby one of the forum participants can me help either.

Many Thanks.
Greetings from Germany.
tom
Here is what I posted when I was working with the CG and to check the plan CG I calculated the MAC myself.

"I'm just a tad nose heavy on the recommended CG point and I'm not going to change it with tail ballast. From my calculations on the swept wing the recommended CG point is at 33% of the Mean Aerodynamic Cord (MAC). My CG will be at about 30% of the MAC and I'm OK with that rather than adding ballast. I may change my mind after I fly it for awhile".