RCU Forums - View Single Post - Citabria/Decathlon Brotherhood, ARF, kit build, electric, nitro and gas all welcome
Old 11-06-2020, 01:56 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's been just too long! I can't believe it has been (over 4 years) this long and my beloved Midwest Citabria been hanging this amount of time.
Took out the Power System out of my beloved Midwest Citabria to use in a 3DHS Vyper 65. So, as a replacement, I installed an almost brand new E-Flite Power 60 (400Kv) in my Citabria. It will swing the XOAR Glow wood 14 X 8 propeller using 6 Cells. Commutation will be provided by a brand new E-Flite 60-AMP (ELF11597) without the need for any onboard BEC.

While my Citabria was down it needed some attention to bottom end covering from a previous repair many years ago and for some reason this expensive covering turned a different color. Instead of a nice bright white it turned in an ugly translucent tan for this repair area. Sanded the bones down and applied new covering and hope this one does not turn.

The last known receiver that the Citabria flew with was a super narrow band 72-Mhz using a Hitec Electron-6 dual conversion (JR) Receiver and as I recall it was glitch prone at my RC Club so, I took it out and replaced it with the Spektrum AR8000 + SAT. The new AR8000 + SAT has been tested before and extensively with the E-Flite Power 60 for several days now and it is rock solid.

I am keeping the Power Source for this new Spektrum Receiver and servos separate using a separate RX battery (2-Cell, Thunder Power 1800mAH Lithium Polymer) on a traditional switch harness as this been what it has always been the setup (proven) and provides an independent and isolates the powerful Electric power system from the power source for receiver and servos. Yes, it does have a 6.0 Volt regulator between the switch harness and the receiver.
I am super happy that I took the time and effort to get this large lady of the sky up to some needed attention. Waiting for better weather (less windy) condition here in Central Florida.

A few pictures of the work.