RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Models MkIV full Composite Spitfire-a game changer
Old 11-10-2020, 03:26 PM
CarreraGTSCS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dsa44
Sorry for your loss, I feel your pain. I think I had pm'd you that I recently lost my spitty. Mine was a complete shatter unfortunately. Sounds like yours is salvageable if all you need is an electric motor box?? If you can't find one, I'm sure Mike at GatorRC could set you up.
good luck sir!
It wasn't a total loss. It hit slightly nose down in some rather soft and thick weeds thank goodness. You can see in the pics that the majority of the damage was a broken back, heavily damaged cowl and the aluminum motor mount it broken. You can see that repairs are under way. The fist couple of pics are the broken bits aligned and taped in place. The rest are of it glued back together using thin CA and accellerator.. It is pretty darn straight. I'll lay up a layer of random weave cloth over the repairs internally. I need to make some new fuselage formers. That'll be a challenge.

I spoke to Mike at Gator and he gave me a price for the motor box. A bit steep for a few pieces of wood so I'm hoping someone here will have a set before I orderone.