RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pls help, transmitter issue?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 08:31 PM
Fillmore Farmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pls help, transmitter issue?

Hey guys,

About 4 years ago I bought a 2-meter power sailplane off Amazon, it's a popular 2-meter model which today is sold by VolantexRC....but nowadays I notice they don't sell radios with their planes anymore. Anyways, I used it for a while and then let it sit. It's a 5-channel plane with ailerons, elevator, rudder, flaps and motor speed control. I bought new batteries all the way around (Tx & Rx).

When I turn the transmitter on, a green light instantly comes on (indicating power)....and the sailplane responds with all controls but no motor! The other thing I notice is that about 10-20 seconds after the trans is turned on, a red light also comes on. I figured perhaps weak batteries but no matter how fresh the AA batteries are, the red light always comes on after a few moments. Again, all the control surfaces work fine so I can fly slope but the motor simply won't work.

If I had to guess, I'd say the red light means low battery and the lack of motor is the way it prevents you from flying (or forces you to land if you're flying). But I have new batteries and this damn red light simply won't stop coming on. I'm ready to just buy a new radio system (throw money at it) but I'd like to get this one working OR get a good referral to a simple 5-6 channel system that I can hopefully just plug the existing servo's into.

Huge thanks for the help!