RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for receivers?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:20 AM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DGrant
Are you sure you have the correct model selected in the tranny? Just to make sure there. You shouldn't need any switch for aileron mix if it's just for a dual aileron servo set-up,,, which is all you need for the diff mix when you go in to activate/adjust the differential function. Even for a differential mix to adjust travels for what you're talking about you don't need any switch.

I have my manual right handy, and I'll refresh on it, but I'm wondering if you hindered or interfered with the mix somehow... or if it actually was in there, of if you mistook something thinking it was mixed already.

The manual does clearly state for the dual aileron mix CH1 and CH7 are used... with that set you then go to the AIL-DIFF menu and activate and/or adjust the diff mix. That can actually be changed in the tranny to CH1 and CH6, but for what you're doing I'd stick with 1 and 7.

Tell you what, it's on pg47 of the manual.. if you have the manual. If you don't have the manual, I'd be glad to take a pic of that page tomorrow(later today actually, it's past midnight).. and post it up and see how far you get with it. That might be easier then me trying to write everything out, and then we'll take it from there... and I'm sure we can work it out somehow. These aren't like the DX's, in that they don't have the "canned mixes"... but they had other ways to do the same thing though . I'm pretty decent with these, I've had mine a long time, it's just been quite a long time since I've set up a plane in these Futaba's... but it will come to me fairly quick.

It's just very late for me right now, but I'll check back in tomorrow. I'll even take a pic of the back of my tranny where the synth module is... and you'll get an idea of what it is and how to set it.

Also.. I'm not even sure what type of plane you're setting up... I can only guess it's a flat bottom trainer.. since you mentioned rubber bands... but I'm not sure. So what is it?.. and we might be able to just get your ailerons working, and skip the differential... especially if it's a .40 size flat bottom trainer. Those generally fly fine with no diff mix, but that would be up to you.
thank you so much for your help! I’m on page 47 and I have the ailerons plugged in to 1 and 7. When my uncle passed and I brought the radio and manual home, he had it set up for a 1/4 Cub, with differential. I’m just not a Cub person so I transferred it to a one off Stik using an electric Telemaster 48” wing. I got plane number one renamed Stik and found my way to page 47 where I changed the values of differential. It all worked perfect until yesterday. Yep, I still like rubber bands on my sport/fun planes. Yesterday at the field the servo plugged into 1 worked perfect but the one in 7 didn’t. I switched the plugs and 1 still worked and 7 didn’t. It was late last night so I plugged them both in to charge and I’ll try it again today. It’s about 12:20 pm here. If it still doesn’t work I’ll plug some other servos in and see. I guess it’s possible for that channel to stop working, in either unit?? Thanks again, bill